---------------------------------------------

Friday, October 23, 2015

MY LONG CAT TAIL, BUT IT'S STILL SHORT...

Finally, I have a long cat tail in my own garden.
Yes... the red long cat tail (Acalypha hispida) or here we call it as Ekor Kucing.
An old fashion plant, right now it's so rare.
I've hunted this plant for a long time, and in August on the way home from my neighbor's garden, I found a poor Acalypha plant on a bare land covered by wild bushes.
Then I cut the stem from that plant for about one meter.
After that I cut that stem into three short cuttings.
Actually growing plant from cutting during the dry season have too much risks, especially drought.
So, I removed all of the leaves on that cuttings and planted them on the edge of the washing area.
I hope they will always keep on favorable humidity and also nice sunshine.
I was so lucky that after two weeks, I found new fresh leaves from these cutting.


An two months later...
A little red cat tail is appearing from a leaf axil, it still 2 cm long.
I wish it will be longer and longer...



2 comments: