---------------------------------------------

Monday, November 30, 2015

ASPARAGUS : FIRST SEEDLING

This was a very nice surprise...
I found a asparagus seedling!
Actually I have hopeless every time I sowed asparagus seeds.
I don't know how many time I've sown the seeds and how many time I've failed.
My hopeless is treated...
It's an interesting experience for me.
I really want to grow asparagus in my home garden.
I've been looking for nurseries that sell asparagus crown, but I haven't found yet.
I think grow asparagus from crown is much easier than grow it from seed.
Last month I found an online nursery that sale asparagus seedlings.
Then I purchased five seedling, but again... purchasing plants online has too much risks.
I'm sure that the seedlings were on good quality when they're packed.
My seedling package came too late, it should need up to three days on shipping, but it needed seven days.
But long period on shipping made the seedling that I got were so poor.
I shared one of my seedling with my friend.
From four seedlings that I grow, there are two survivors.
I hope they all will grow well.


Sorry the weeds are bothering the view, I should do weeding soon.
A fact of a lazy gardener....

11 comments:

  1. It looks healthy from your photo, I wish you lots of luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a patch of asparagus. I wish it would produce a little more than it does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. It must be grows so well on your climate

      Delete
  3. Good luck, I hope they survive. That's the problem when ordering online, you have to take in to account the time they're in transit, some plants just don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Endah, thank you for your comment.
    Thanks again I have your address.
    Your asparagus plants a great present.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. saya punya asparagus dah sebulan lebih semai belum tumbuh. Ada kawan ckp memang ambil masa. tempat semai itu pun sudah dua kali tanam benih lain, dah tumbuh tapi saparagus tetap tidak muncul...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betul, Kak Mala. Germination period dari asparagus sekitar 3-6 minggu, bahkan lebih, cukup lama. Butuh kesabaran. Saya pun sudah coba berkali-kali

      Delete
  6. saya punya asparagus dah sebulan lebih semai belum tumbuh. Ada kawan ckp memang ambil masa. tempat semai itu pun sudah dua kali tanam benih lain, dah tumbuh tapi saparagus tetap tidak muncul...

    ReplyDelete